2nd COVID_19 Announcement
From 31st March 2020 at 6 a.m.:
1. Gatherings of people at any residence are prohibited, other than of permanent residents.
2. Any movement of persons from 9.00 p.m. until 6.00 a.m. is prohibited, except for those holding a Confirmation of Movement of an Employee certificate (Form A).
3. The use of the certificate of a citizen’s movement in exceptional cases, in accordance with the provisions of Form B, is limited to only once a day, after permission has been obtained by sending an SMS message to 8998. A written declaration for the movement of citizens in exceptional cases, which falls within the provisions of Form B, shall be used only by persons over 65 years of age.
The following retailers will remain closed every Sunday:
1. All food and beverage retailers (e.g. supermarkets, grocery stores, butchers, fish markets, bakeries, confectioneries, fruit shops, liquor stores).
It is understood that kiosks are excluded from the ban, provided that they do not market retail products.
In addition, when approaching a public-accessible area, citizens should ensure that they keep a distance of 2 metres from other fellow citizens.
In addition, the following measures have been decided by the interministerial committee:
1. Increase in the fine from 150 euros to 300 euros.
2. Increase of controls at check points.
3. Utilization of neighbourhood watch officers.
4. Recommendations will be made to commercial banks to issue credit cards to beneficiaries based on their deposits and ways of protecting customers who withdraw cash from automatic cash points.
5. In order to limit the movement of those who have been identified as positive to the coronavirus and are in self-isolation, the Ministry of Health is studying ways to impose electronic home surveillance.